- A subjective state in which an individual sees limited or no alternatives or personal choices available and
is unable to mobilize energy on own behalf.
- Prolonged activity restriction, creating isolation; Failing or deteriorating physiologic condition; Long term
stress; Abandonment; Lost belief in transcendent values/God.
- Verbal cues (despondent content, "I can't," sighing.)
- Passivity, decreased verbalization
- Decreased affect
- Lack of initiative
- Decreased response to stimuli
- Turning away from speaker
- Closing eyes
- Shrugging in response to speaker
- Decreased appetite
- Increased/decreased sleep
- Lack of involvement in care/passively allowing care
- Withdrawal from environs
- Understanding and conversations with daily reassurance. On a continued basis, the patient will overcome
Offered by Debra.