- Soak your sprouts for 6 hours in a quart or gallon sized jar.
- Drain the water. Rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Cover top of jar with cheesecloth, secure with elastic band and store the jar upside down at a 70
degree angle to allow for constant drainage.
- Rinse sprouts in fresh water at least 2 times daily. In hot weather 3 times daily.
- On the last day of growth, expose to light so they will naturally green.
- Drain the sprouts before harvesting them and store in refrigerator in airtight container.
|Seed ||Amount||Soaking Time||Harvest Time|
|Alfalfa||1 T/qt, 3 T/gal||6 hours||5-7 days|
|Fenugreek||2 T/qt, t T/gal||6 hours||5-7 days|
|Lentil||1/4 jar seed||6 hours||5-7 days|
|Mung Bean||1/4 jar seed||6 hours||3-4 days|
|Radish||1 T/qt, 3 T/gal||6 hours||3-4 days|
|Red Clover||1 T/qt, 3 T/gal||6 hours||5-7 days|
|Sunflower||1/4 jar seed||6 hours||1 1/2 to 2 days|
|Wheat||2 T/qt, 4 T/gal||6 hours||3-4 days|
Offered by Pat.